London based hand lettering artist, Alison Carmichael studied Graphic Design at Ravensbourne college of design and has been working commercially for about 20 years winning many industry accolades and this year judged Crafts for Design at D&AD in 2016 and Craft for Design at Creative Circle this year.
Alison mainly works with advertising agencies, design groups and branding consultants but has also been called on to do exhibition signage, window displays, pop promos, embroidered lettering, body painting, writing with ketchup, sugar sprinkles, whipped cream, treacle, loose tea leaves and even full scale crop circles.
She is known for her huge range of diversity and versatility
in lettering styles.
Clients include Anchor, Renault, Stella Artois, Kelloggs, Lynx, the BBC, LandRover, Virgin, The Times, The Guardian, Bloomingdales, Cadburys, Aussie Haircare, Specsavers, Ginger Pig, KFC, McDonalds, Sainsburys, Tesco, M&S, Sky, Diet Coke, Nike, Sony, Nescafe.
- 2015 The Drum Design Awards – Nominated (KFC Flour Posters)
- 2016 The One Club, NY – Design Merit & Print and Outdoor Merit (Retweets of Love Diet Coke)
- 2016 D&AD Wood Pencil (Retweets of Love Diet Coke)
- 2015 Creative Pool Winner – Good Girl
- 2014 Exhibition – There’s a Good Girl – Viva Women
- 2011 Creative Circle — Typography – Silver (Anchor)
- 2010 Creative Circle — Best Trade Ad — Commendation (Clean Me)
- 2008 D&AD — In Book — (Plastic Ain’t My Bag)
- 2008 Creative Circle Typography — Silver (Michelle is a Slag)
- 2008 Creative Review Annual — Silver (Michelle is a Slag)
- 2007 Creative Circle — Best Poster — Gold (Virgin Atlantic)
- 2006 Campaign Poster Awards — Best Typography (Virgin Atlantic)
- 2006 Type Directors Club — In Book (C*nt Direct Mail)
- 2006 Design Week Awards — Winner Best Direct Mail (C*nt Direct Mail)
- 2006 Creative Circle — Typography — Silver (C*nt Direct Mail)
- 2005 D&AD Self Promotional Items — In Book (C*nt Direct Mail)
- 2005 D&AD Writing For Design — In Book (C*nt Direct Mail)
- 2005 Coupe Magazine Design Awards — Best in Show (C*nt Direct Mail)